The original food pyramid of the 1990s has gone through multiple iterations, arriving at the healthy eating plate that is taught today. Unfortunately, the unhealthy relationship with food suffered by many Americans has not evolved in the same way. In fact, the incidence of adult obesity in the U.S. is greater than 42% and spans all genders, education levels, economic status, race and ethnicity. What is the key to nutrition and fitness that eludes us? Does one specific diet exist that is guaranteed to lead to health and wellness?
HOST: Dr. Jillian Woodruff
Audra Henderson, Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Audra Wellness & Nutritional Therapy
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: