The slow decline into helplessness and isolation is a common fear among people who have cared for family members who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease. The authors of American Dementia: Brain Health in an Unhealthy Society argue that the cure will not be found in pharmaceuticals, but in our ability to live our lives in a way that promotes positive Brain Health.
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Dr. Daniel George, co-author, American Dementia: Brain Health in an Unhealthy Society
- Dr. Peter Winehouse, co-author, American Dementia: Brain Health in an Unhealthy Society
LINKS & RESOURCES:
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: