For a long time, psychiatry has widely held that early childhood trauma determines one’s mental health issues later in life. But what if that’s not entirely true? Some feel it’s important to reevaluate our beliefs about psychology. Prentiss Pemberton speaks to Dr. Michael Scheeringa, author of “The Trouble With Trauma: The Search To Discover How Beliefs Become Facts.”
HOST: Prentiss Pemberton
- Dr. Michael Scheeringa, Professor of Psychiatry, Tulane School of Medicine
Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (10–11 a.m.).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air).
LIVE BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, at 10 a.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wednesday, March 16, 2022, at 8 p.m. AKDT
LINE ONE’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic offer extensive health information libraries
- MedlinePlus has a guide to finding reliable health information on the internet
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Carl Sagan’s Baloney Detection Kit and common logical fallacies
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: