Leadership Circle Frequently Asked Questions
The Alaska Public Media Leadership Circle recognizes individuals, couples, families and businesses who have the vision and desire to support Alaska Public Media in a substantial way: those who know that excellence never happens by accident, that it takes careful planning, dedicated effort, and the commitment of charitable donors.
How can I become a part of the Leadership Circle?
- A cumulative donation of $1,000 or more within a calendar year qualifies you as a Leadership Circle member.
- A summary of your donations for tax purposes is sent to you each January.
What are the giving levels of the Leadership Circle?
- Leadership Circle Patrons $1,000-$2,499
- Leadership Circle Advocates $2,500-$4,999
- Leadership Circle Visionaries $5,000-$9,999
- Leadership Circle President’s Society $10,000+
What are the benefits of membership in the Leadership Circle?
- Satisfaction in knowing that you are helping ensure that trusted, unbiased, authentic, in-depth, commercial-free public radio and television programming continues in Southcentral Alaska.
- On-air acknowledgment of your support on Alaska Public Media (with your permission) as a Leadership Circle Member.
- Your day on KSKA 91.1FM – your approved message aired five times during one Alaska Public Media broadcast day during the calendar year. You may use your message to recognize a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or special event. Go to www.alaskapublic.org/support/kskaday to reserve your day.
- Station tour of the Alaska Public Media facilities upon request.
- Invitations to special events at the station and in the community, as available. Unless otherwise stated, these events are complimentary – in appreciation of your strong support of Alaska Public Media.
What are the advantages of becoming a Sustaining Leadership Circle Member?
- Leadership Circle members may also be Sustaining Members. Sustaining Members agree to make an ongoing monthly, quarterly, semiannual, or annual donation as a pledge of support. Your donations can be charged automatically to your credit or debit card.
- Sustaining Membership automatically renews each year, eliminating renewal notices and reducing mailings and phone calls. Changes or cancellation can be made at any time simply by calling 550-8400.
Do I need to designate my donation to television or radio?
- No, but you may if you wish. Undesignated gifts to Alaska Public Media are devoted to the highest priorities of the organization as directed by the board of directors. Designated gifts to either are devoted to those operations in accordance with donor intent. We are pleased to honor your preferences and, through your generosity, we are able to support a broad mission of public service to the community.