Nature has always been dramatic in Alaska, but now those dramatic changes are coming faster. Alaska’s nature writers see this as a challenge, and you can see their response in a pair of recent books – “Early Warming,” and “The Heart of the Sound.” We’ll hear more from Alaska’s nature writers on the next Talk of Alaska.
Photo by Josh Edge, APRN – Anchorage: Marybeth Holleman (left) and Nancy Lord (right) join Steve Heimel in the APRN studios on Jan. 25.
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Steve Heimel, APRN
- Marybeth Holleman, author of “The Heart of the Sound: An Alaska Paradise Found and Nearly Lost”
- Nancy Lord, Homer author of “Early Warming: Crisis and Response in the Climate-Changed North”
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, January 25. 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.