Traumatic Brain Injury
More interest is being directed towards the effects of traumatic brain injuries, especially the long term effects in athletes. Monday 0n Line One: Your Health Connection host Dr. Woodard explores the evidence for this concern with the Co-Director of the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy at Boston University School of Medicine, Dr. Robert Stern.
- BU Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy: Case Studies
- CDC: Traumatic Brain Injury
- YouTube: CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta explains the physiology of concussions and the long-term effects of suffering one
- NT Time Video: Inside the CTE Damaged Brain
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
GUEST: Dr. Robert Stern, Co-Director of the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy at Boston University School of Medicine
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, April 30, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, April 30, 2012 at 7:00 p.m.
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Science Based Medicine
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Super Smart Health