Marine And Coastal Monitoring
The herring never really recovered after the Exxon Valdez oil spill. Even 24 years later, there is an ongoing effort to monitor the waters of the spill area in the Gulf of Alaska. The spill prompted a wave of revealing scientific research that is cresting now with new technology, and a portal for public access in real time.
HOST: Steve Heimel, Alaska Public Radio Network
- Craig Matkin, director, North Gulf Oceanic Society
- Kris Holderied, director, NOAA Katsina Bay Laboratory
- John Piatt, research scientist, U.S. Geological Survey – Alaska Science Center
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send e-mail to talk [at] alaskapublic [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 if you’re outside Anchorage during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.