Last year the legislature passed a far-reaching omnibus criminal justice reform bill – SB 91. It was based on recommendations from the Criminal Justice Reform Commission and developed to both save money and reduce recidivism. It’s based on data from similar initiatives around the country. Opponents says it’s soft on crime and bad for public safety. But what does the law actually do? What’s already happening, and what’s yet to come?
HOST: Anne Hillman
- Tracey Wollenburg – Deputy Public Defender
- John Skidmore – Director, Criminal Division, Dept. of Law
- Statewide callers
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.