Anchorage has a large and growing homeless population. A two-day summit just concluded in Anchorage to address the idea of creating a “housing trust,” or endowment for the homeless. This week on Community Forum, Nancy Burke, a Program Officer at the Alaska Mental Health Trust and William H. Hogan, Deputy Commissioner of Family, Community and Integrated Services with the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services join host Nellie Moore to discuss reducing homelessness in Anchorage.
- Alaska Housing Trust
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Municipality of Anchorage: Ten Year Plan on Homelessness
HOST: Nellie Moore, independent journalist
- Nancy Burke, Program Officer, Alaska Mental Health Trust
- William H. Hogan, Deputy Commissioner, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services – Family, Community and Integrated Services
LIVE BROADCAST: Wed, Dec 5, 2007 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Community Forum updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.