Dr. Devra Davis, a University of Pittsburg epidemiology professor and author joins Dr. Woodard in the studio today. A Line One guest earlier this summer, Davis is visiting Alaska this week, speaking at UAF and UAA on environmental health. Author of The Secret History of the War on Cancer, Davis advocates for changing the way public health looks at cancer prevention by including toxin awareness. Davis is the director of the University of Pittsburg Center for Environmental Oncology, the world’s first research institute dedicated to studying cancers caused by environmental pollution.
- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute: 12 Things You Can Do To Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- American Council on Science and Health: Holiday Dinner Menu and a list of foods containing natural carcinogens
- Devra Davis: The Dangers of Cell Phones FAQ
- Line One: Environmental cancer risks (30 June 2008)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Devra Davis, director, Center for Environmental Oncology at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, September 8, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, September 8, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: