Stay healthy this winter and learn the best ways to avoid contracting the flu this season. Dr. Woodard welcomes infectious disease expert, Dr. Jay Butler and immunization program director, Laurel Wood from the Alaska Division of Public Health to discuss the virus commonly know as “the flu,” or influenza. Distinguish what’s myth versus fact concerning the flu, its prevention and treatment.
- CDC: Seasonal Flu
- National Network of Immunization Information
- AK Division Public Health: Alaska Immunization Program
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Dr. Jay Butler, Chief Medical Officer and immunization program direction, Alaska Division of Public Health
- Laurel Wood, immunization program directo, Alaska Division of Public Health
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, December 1, 2008 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, December 1, 2008 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: