Where do teens get their information about sex? How reliable is the information that teens get about sex? And what are the consequences of misinformation or lack of information about sex? Today on Line One, host Dr. Woodard welcomes Betty Bang, from the UAA Student Health and Counseling Center; Nicole Hinkley, Assistant Director of Student Activities at UAA and; Geran Tarr, Director of Alliance for Reproductive Justice. Dr. Woodard and his guests discuss the purpose and importance of student health centers on college campuses, current issues facing students, and they take your questions about healthy sexuality in college.
- All Things Considered: Tolerance Can Lower Gay Kids’ Suicide Risk
- Marshall Miller and Dorian Solot: Sex Discussed Here!
- MedlinePlus: Sexual Health
- National HIV and STD Testing Resources
- Health Services at Columbia University: Go Ask Alice!
Download Audio (MP3)
HOST: Dr. Thad Woodard
- Betty Bang, ANP, UAA Student Health and Counseling Center
- Nicole Hinkley, Assistant Director of Student Activities, UAA
- Geran Tarr, Director, Alliance for Reproductive Justice
LIVE BROADCAST: Mon, February 2, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Mon, February 2, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS: