Research is finding carbon dioxide emissions are rising faster than scientific models predicted, threatening to accelerate climate change effects beyond all prior predictions. What should our collective policies be to deal with these changes? Homer, Alaska is taking steps to deal with the carbon emission problems. What should your community be doing?
Join the conversation on Talk of Alaska, statewide on the stations of the Alaska Public Radio Network.
Download Audio (MP3, 60 min)
HOST: Steve Heimel
- Alan Parks, Chairman of the City of Homer Global Warming Task Force
- Stephen Schneider, Stanford University climatologist and biologist
- Live callers statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide