Each week, KAKM gathers commentators for a review of the week’s news, politics and public affairs in Anchorage and Alaska. Topics for this week are expected to include:
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill – the oil is still flowing and the pressure is mounting to squash any drilling hopes this summer in Alaska.
- Climate change has some communities in Alaska exploring new ways to deal with unwelcome city invaders – polar bears..
- Village of Bethel residents vote to keep liberal alcohol law.
- Alaskans, especially those is rural communities have joined in a class action lawsuit saying the U.S. Census is not quite what it seems. What are they unhappy about, and do the claims have merit?
- Problematic side effects of keeping the wings of planes free from ice at the Anchorage International airport. Ice-free wings seem like a good thing. What’s the issue?
- Troopers are working on a the mysterious death of woman, discovered when a dog came home with her skull.
- New movie in production about 1988 great whale rescue near Barrow. Is this Alaska’s version of Moby Dick?
- Steve MacDonald. News Director. KTUU- TV
- Matthew Felling. News Anchor. KTVA-TV
- Kyle Hopkins. Reporter. Anchorage Daily News
KSKA (FM 91.1) BROADCAST: Friday, May 7 at 2:30 p.m. and Saturday, May 8 at 6:00 p.m.
KAKM (Channel 7 TV) BROADCAST: Friday, May 7 at 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, May 8 at 5:00 p.m.
Send e-mail to anchorageedition [at] kakm [dot] org