Justin Oldham and Dr. Griffith Steiner join host Dr. Thad Woodard to talk about the causes and effects of being legally blind. Learn about the causes of visual impairment and what everyday life is like for those live with the impairments. Also, find out what is being done to help those who are legally blind and the advances in medicine to learn more about the causes.
Photo courtesy of Ophtalmic Associates: Dr. Griffith Steiner
- Books by Justin Oldham
- Being Legally Blind: Observations for Parents of Visually Impaired Children
- National Federation for the Blind
- Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ACBVI)
Links Shared by Callers:
- Stage of Alaska, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation: Job Seekers with Disabilities
- National Federation of the Blind: Alaska Resources
- Hadley School For the Blind
- Dim World1 blog
- Challenge Alaska Adaptive Ski and Snowboard School
- ACBVI: Family Connect
- Justin Oldham, author, Being Legally Blind: Observations for Parents of Visually Impaired Children
- Dr. Griffith Steiner, Ophthalmic Associates
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, April 11, 2011 at 2:00 p.m.
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, April 11, 2011 at 7:00 p.m.
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Send e-mail to email@example.com before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
- Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by e-mail, RSS or podcast.
Audio will be posted after the live broadcast.