When you’re lost or in trouble far from help, Alaska’s coordinated search and rescue agencies are ready to come to your aid. On the next “Talk of Alaska,” host Charles Wohlforth welcomes the searchers who stand ready when your locator beacon goes off or when your loved ones report you overdue. Your questions are welcome on this call-in, to find out how the search and rescue system works, and what you can do to make yourself easier to find.
- NEWS: Arctic Council Signs Search and Rescue Agreement
- NEWS: Murkowski Encouraged by Outcome of Nuuk Conference
- Arctic Council
- Alaska Search and Rescue
Download Audio (MP3)
- Charles Wohlforth, independent journalist
- Major Karl Westerlund, Alaska Air National Guard, Anchorage Rescue Co-ordination Center
- Mark Leuchte, U.S. Coast Guard rescue coordination center
- Capt. Barry Wilson, Alaska State Troopers
- Callers Statewide
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air)
- Send e-mail to talk [at] aprn [dot] org (comments may be read on air)
- Call 550-8422 in Anchorage or 1-800-478-8255 during the live broadcast
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.