Over the last few decades, the role of women in media and newsrooms has dramatically changed. From being confined to writing mostly about humor or household tips, now, women commentators and columnists write about politics, sports, the economy and yes, family life, too. From Erma Bombeck to Molly Ivins, the role for women in society’s dialogue has matured. Three of the state’s columnists join us on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Jill Burke – long time reporter and now columnist for ADN
- Elise Patkotak – columnist
- Laureli Ivanoff – former KNOM News Director and current columnist.
- Statewide callers
- Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
- Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
- Send email to email@example.com (comments may be read on air)
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.