Prenatal exposure to alcohol is a leading preventable cause of birth defects and developmental disabilities. These problems are often lifelong and have high costs for society. Line One will focus on the diagnosis and interventions on fetal alcohol spectrum disorder during this program.
- Marilyn Pierce-Bulger, ANP is owner of FASDx Services, LLC the referral and coordination agency for the Anchorage Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Diagnostic Team.
- Dr. Susan Astley is Professor of Epidemiology and Pediatrics at UW Schools of Public Health and Medicine. Dr. Astley’s primary area of expertise is Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD). She is the director of Washington State FAS Diagnostic & Prevention Network (FAS DPN).
- Christie Reinhardt is a Program Coordinator with the Governor’s Council on Disabilities and Special Education working on early childhood developmental screening and a 5 year strategic plan for FASD in Alaska.
- Website for the WA State Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Diagnostic and Prevention Network
- State of Alaska Governors Council on Disabilities and Special Education FASD website
- Information on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders from the CDC
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: FAQs of Parents and Families
- Dr Susan Astley’s website at the U of Washington School of Public Health
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has a treatment facility locator. This locator helps people find drug and alcohol use treatment programs in their area
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) during the live broadcast (2:00 – 3:00pm)
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org before, during or after the live broadcast (e-mails may be read on air)
- Post your comment or question below (comments may be read on air)
LIVE BROADCAST: Monday, September 25, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. AKDT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Monday, September 25, 2017, at 8:00 p.m. AKDT
DR. WOODARD’S FAVORITE HEALTH AND SCIENCE LINKS:
- Mayo Clinic
- Cleveland Clinic
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology (ACAAI)
- Science Based Medicine
- Super Smart Health
SUBSCRIBE: Get Line One: Your Health Connection updates automatically by: