We have some fun people to introduce you to on the next Outdoor Explorer: twin brothers came in to talk with us. They’re beer brewers, who are fanatic for snow machine-assisted backcountry skiing. This is where you ski or board remote powder slopes, but without spending the sweat to get there on foot or the money to get there on a helicopter–you ride out on a snow machine. There’s a ton of skill involved and a lot to learn, and these guys are great at talking about it.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Segment 1: “Snowmachine-assisted backcountry skiing”. Brett and Rory Marenco, big snowmachine skiers/boarders, owners of the new Girdwood Brewing Company.
- Segment 2: “Ski jumping juniors update”. Eric Bork, Alaska Public Media.
- Segment 3: “Running clubs”. Amy Bushatz, board member, Mat-Su Running Club.
- Segment 4: “Trail meeting with archery group while missing two front teeth”. Lee Bolling, at a Trail Tales event.
- Alaska Trails, host of the Trail Tales events
- Nordic Ski Association Junior Nationals Ski Jumping
- MatSu Running Club
- Girdwood Brewing Company
BROADCAST: Thursday, March 8th, 2018. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, March 8th, 2018. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: