Paul Souders wanted see and photograph polar bears for himself, by himself, in a new way, and he did something to accomplish that no one else would have thought of. He put a 22-foot boat on a trailer and drove to the Arctic, voyaging north, through Hudson Bay, to the pack ice. The photographs he came back with are stunning, showing bears in a way I’ve never seen them. We’ll also talk about gear to get you outside, walking and running, in adverse winter weather.
HOST: Charles Wohlforth
- Segment 1: “Hunting for the perfect polar bear picture”. Paul Souders, author of Arctic Solitaire: A Boat, A Bay, and the Quest for the Perfect Bear.
- Segment 2: “Blackfish”. Producer Barrett Golding, from the Hearing Voices network and PRX.
- Segment 3: “Shoes and clothing for running and walking in adverse weather”. Haley White, manager, Skinny Raven.
- A review of Arctic Solitaire: A Boat, A Bay, and the Quest for the Perfect Bear
- Blackfish from the Hearing Voices network and PRX
BROADCAST: Thursday, December 20th, 2018. 2:00 pm – 3:00 p.m. AKT
REPEAT BROADCAST: Thursday, December 20th, 2018. 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. AKT
SUBSCRIBE: Receive Outdoor Explorer automatically every week via: