Alaska can be a harsh environment, especially for those who are homeless. The recent, severe cold weather has turned difficult conditions into life threatening ones. Many shelters across the state are at max capacity. How are shelter managers and others who work to end homelessness grappling with extreme need for those who are most vulnerable during this extended cold snap? We’ll discuss it on the next Talk of Alaska.
HOST: Lori Townsend
- Dave Kuiper, Associate Director, Christian Heath Associates
- Jasmine Boyle, Executive Director, Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness
- Nancy Burke, Housing and Homeless Services Coordinator, Municipality of Anchorage
- Catholic Social Services Alaska
- Bethel Winter House in Bethel
- The Door Emergency Youth Shelter in Fairbanks
- The Glory Hall in Juneau
- Nome Emergency Shelter Team in Nome
Call 550-8422 (Anchorage) or 1-800-478-8255 (statewide) during the live broadcast
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (comments may be read on air)
Post your comment before, during or after the live broadcast (comments may be read on air).
LIVE Broadcast: Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. on APRN stations statewide.
SUBSCRIBE: Get Talk of Alaska updates automatically by email, RSS or podcast.